ITC Conference Grants for Meetings on the topic of the ENGAGER Action are now available. Conferences need to be finished before the 10th of April 2020.
PURPOSE OF AN INCLUSIVENESS TARGET COUNTRIES (ITC) CONFERENCE GRANT:
Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career researchers from participating ITCs to attend international conferences in the thematic domain of the Action.
Any ENGAGER e-COST member who is a PhD student or an Early Career Investigator (or ECI, defined by COST as an individual who is 8 years post-PhD), is an active Working Group member, and is affiliated with an institution located in an ITC country participating in the Action can submit a request for an ITC Conference Grant. The application must be submitted at least 30 calendar days before the conference start date.
The applicant is expected to make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event / conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST funding.
Grant applications must be approved by the Action Chair.
The following funding conditions apply and must be respected:
- up to a maximum of EUR 2500 in total can be afforded to each successful ITC applicant;
- up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses;
- up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
- the ITC application needs to be supported by an ENGAGER Working Group chair, and there should be clear benefits to the functioning of the Working Group.
An ITC Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). ITC Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. An ITC Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
Interested researchers can apply by following the instructions provided below and submitting their application and supporting documents on an ongoing basis before the 20th of March, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must read the funding rules detailed in Section 8 of the COST Vademecum.
- Applicants must create a e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu/
- After registration, applicants can initiate the application by pressing ‘Create Conference Grant Request‘.
- The following information needs to be provided: Applicant details, Conference Grant details (the conference must end before the 10th of April 2020), Bank details, Financial support, supporting documents (see below)
- The applicant must send their ITC application form submitted to e-COST (pdf) and the relevant supporting documents to the ENGAGER Action Chair for evaluation at least 30 days before the conference start date.
The list of supporting documents to be submitted in pdf format for the evaluation are:
- The submitted ITC application form (downloadable when the online application is submitted – see point 4 above);
- A short description of involvement in the COST Action, including Working Group membership, and a quoted statement of support from a Working Group lead (a copy of text sent via email is acceptable);
- Acceptance letter from the conference organisers (If applicable: confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation);
- A copy of the abstract or poster submitted to the conference;
- A Full C.V. (including a list of academic publications – if applicable).
Applications will be assessed against the objectives of the Action, on a first-come-first-serve basis, and depending on available funds.
AFTER THE CONFERENCE
One day and 15 days after the end of the participation in the conference, the grantee receives a reminder to upload the scientific report. The deadline to submit the last supporting document is 30 days from the end of the participation in the conference. The submission of the report is mandatory, failure to comply will result in cancellation of the Grant. Late submission, beyond the deadline, can also lead to the cancellation of the Grant. A scientific report template is available on-line. The grantee must complete this template and save it in pdf before uploading it on e-COST.