The Core Group of the COST Action ‘European Energy Poverty: Agenda Co-Creation and Knowledge Innovation‘ (ENGAGER 2017-2021) is delighted to announce the second call for Visiting Fellowships (also known as Short-Term Scientific Missions – STSMs). These international exchanges aim to support individual mobility, strengthen existing networks and foster collaboration between researchers. More broadly, STSMs are expected to contribute to the scientific agendas of COST Actions.
In this call, applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, and will be evaluated at three ‘census dates’ (1st of August, 1st of October and 1st of December 2018). They will be approved depending on available funds, against a set of fixed criteria outlined in the call document.
Young researchers – including PhD students and postdoctoral fellows – are particularly welcome to apply. Applicants are encouraged to submit STSM proposals on the following topics:
- Review of the state of the art in energy poverty research and analysis
- Review of policies regarding energy poverty alleviation, with an emphasis on COST countries
- Meta analyses of existing policies to assess their innovation potential in combatting energy poverty
- Literature and policy review regarding how to identify and measure energy poverty
- Collection and analysis of statistical data from Eurostat, national statistical offices, the European Union Energy Poverty Observatory etc.
The duration of a standard Visiting Fellowship is between 5 and 90 days. The award usually covers economy travel and accommodation/subsistence. More details can be found in the call document.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss details regarding the Fellowships (application procedure, STSM objectives, budget, duration etc.) with the ENGAGER STSM Co-ordinator, Dr Nikolaos Katsoulakos (email@example.com).
Read more about the scope and the objectives of the ENGAGER 2017-2021 Action.